Compliance Update regarding Sanctioned Countries
Wed Aug 10, 2022 at 12:10pm UTC
As part of the strategic vision of the new CEO, HODL Token is undertaking a series of initiatives and conducting research in order to identify and implement robust policies and procedures surrounding compliance and legislation.
Today sees the implementation of IP blocking on the current known list of restricted countries as per the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). The countries restricted from accessing our website (hodltoken.net) include:
- Central Africa
- North Korea
This initiative will be followed by further measures to safeguard our ecosystem and investors, including:
- The development and implementation of Anti Money Laundering policies
- Real-time Anti Money Laundering checks on our platforms
- Real-time Anti Money Laundering checks on our holders list
- Company and license registration
- The hiring of Compliance Officer
- The hiring of an Attorney
- The hiring of specialist Compliance Advisor
As HODL Token works to ensure we operate a legitimate, and compliant operation we will ensure we safeguard both our investors and our ecosystem in the short, medium, and long term.